Eglish

In the old churchyard there is one cross base and two broken cross-heads. There seems to be no trace of the shafts belonging to these fragments and while the base may indicate the original position of one of these monuments, there is nothing to suggest the site of the other. The base is a truncated pyramid with a flat top without a step. It does not appear ever to have been decorated. The cross-heads are solid ring heads with deeply sunk panels.

Abstracted from Seanchas Ardmhacha, Vol. 1, No. 2 (1955) p. 110-111

The Archdiocese of Armagh provides external links as convenience to our users. The appearance of external links does not constitute endorsement by the Archdiocese of Armagh of the information contained therein.