Caring for Couples facing the
Challenges of Christian Marriage
This is the work of ACCORD
In today’s world
ACCORD is committed to providing a quality service. Personnel, coming from a wide variety of backgrounds, are appropriately trained.
ACCORD responds to the challenges facing Christian marriage today and affirms its value in an ever-changing world. It empowers couples to explore and reflect on:
- the essential elements of their marriage.
- the purpose and value of their choices within a committed relationship.
ACCORD serves the pastoral needs of couples at different stages in their relationship.
Preparation for marriage in a Christian context focuses on the essential components which foster a good couple relationship:
- lifelong commitment.
- communication and conflict resolution skills
- responsible parenthood within a faith context.
- time and resource management.
Ongoing support throughout marriage facilitates:
- the development of strategies for the emotional, spiritual and psychological well-being of couples.
- reflection on the Christian experience of love, commitment and family life.
Armagh Branch: 1 Tavanagh Avenue,
Portadown, Co Armagh, BT62 3AJ
Tel (028) 3833 4781
Chairperson: Edward Lavery
Chaplain: Rev Seán Larkin
Drogheda Branch: “Verona”, Cross Lane,
Drogheda, Co Louth
Tel (041) 984 3860 Fax (041) 983 1215
Chairperson: Rhona Kelly
Chaplain: Very Rev Martin Kenny,PP
Dundalk Branch: St Patrick’s, Roden Place,
Dundalk, Co Louth
Tel (042) 933 1731
Chairperson: Mary McDonnell
Chaplain: Very Rev Pádraig Keenan