December 2009 update
This report was sent to the Vicars forane on the feast of St Francis Xavier, 3 December 2009.
Under the leadership of the Vicar forane the pastoral area resource team will help to strengthen each of the parishes in the pastoral areas by:
1. ensuring the effective sharing of the collective gifts and talents of the parishes in the pastoral area
2. identifying pastoral matters that can be done better together as a pastoral area than separately as individual parishes.
That each pastoral area adopt one of two models with regard to lay leadership to support the work of the Vicar forane:
• A volunteer lay coordinator appointed from among the members of the pastoral area resource team after the initial training sessions
• A leadership team consisting of the Vicar forane and one lay member of the pastoral area resource team from each parish to be formed after the initial training sessions
It was also accepted that the lay coordinator could come from the same parish as the Vicar forane if everyone on the pastoral area resource team agreed.
That there be three evening training sessions for each new pastoral area resource team to be held regionally between March and May 2010 and that there after the teams would meet four times a year.
The training will be held regionally with each session lasting two hours, from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
• Pastoral areas A, B, C, D and E will train together.
• Pastoral areas F, G, H and I will train together.
• Pastoral areas J, K, L, M and N will train together.
• Pastoral areas O, P, Q and R will train together.
◦ The first round of training will be held on Tuesday 9, Wednesday 10, Thursday 11 and Thursday 18 March.
◦ The second round of training will be held on Wednesday 14, Thursday 15, Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 April.
◦ It is proposed that the last round be held on Monday 10, Thursday 20, Monday 24 and Wednesday 26 May.