In the old graveyard of Errigal Keerogue is a massive sandstone cross. Between six and seven feet in height it consists of a shaft of about one foot in width, surmounted by a circular solid head, 2 feet 4 inches in diameter. Above this head the shaft projects about seven inches and at each side the arms, which are extremely short, protrude by an inch or so. It is clear that the cutting of this monument was never completed, perhaps on account of the serious flaw in the stone. One can clearly see the worker’s guide lines in the stone.

Abstracted from Seanchas Ardmhacha, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1956) p. 88